From time to time Lamont County Roads are restricted because of the road condition, maintenance, or seasonal conditions such as spring thaw. View the current weight restrictions, effective March 30, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. (effective until further notice).Remember, driving overweight on soft spring roads creates ruts that are very expensive and time consuming to repair. Please consider your fellow rate payers and abide by the weight restriction by-laws. Be kind to your roads.
Road Use AgreementsA Road Use Agreement may be entered into for companies who will provide a Bond for the portion of road being used. For further information on Road Use Agreements, please contact the Public Works Office at 780-895-2547.
Overweight/Overdimensional PermitsLamont County has centralized the overweight/overdimensional permits with Roadata Services Ltd.
Current Restrictions / Closures
(updated July 17, 2019)The following roads have been closed, and are open to local traffic only:
- RR 163 between TWP 562 & 564 - total closure
- RR 185 between Highway 45 to TWP 572
- TWP 544 from RR 175 to RR 180
- RR 180 between TWP 544 & 542
Bridge Restrictions(updated September 28, 2015)
- BF1691 - Township Road 572 over Egg Creek near Andrew (SE 18-57-16-W4) – 3 tonne restriction
- BF2461 - Range Road 180 over Limestone Creek near Andrew (NW 31-56-17-W4) – 20 tonne restriction
- BF1282 - Township Road 534, Bridge over Beaverhill Creek, near Hilliard, SW 30-53-17-W4M – 10 tonne restriction
Closures:Bridge 6946 Range Road 184
Location: 1/2 mile North of Highway 15 on Range Road 184
*Due to collapse, closed indefinitely – bridge structure belongs to the Village of Chipman