Community Programs and Events
Community Visitation ProgramCommunity visitation provides opportunities to share resources and watch families develop through various connections that are made within the community. Community visitation provides a steady anchor for families finding it difficult to stay centered in the responsibility of raising a family.
What does Community Visitation look like?
- meet with families regularly in the home or community
- enhance parenting awareness
- listen to issues touching their family
- provide material on child development and health
- provide activities that promote caregiver/child bonding.
- help families access other programs.
Why does Community Visitation work?
- provides an opportunity to work in the family environment
- provide education and support for families
- strengthen coping skill and prevent future crisis
- tailor services to best meet a family’s needs
Our Goal: To strengthen and support families by:
- developing bonds
- inspire positive caregiver-child relationships
- support early child growth and development
Snow Angels ProgramThe Snow Angels Program is a volunteer service program where individuals, organizations, businesses, classrooms, families, and groups of youth can commit to removing snow from the driveway and entrance way of a community resident in need, throughout the winter season.
Interested volunteers can contact FCSS and be matched with a resident(s) in need of snow clearing in their neighborhood. The volunteer is committed to the same resident throughout the campaign, but may assist more than one person if desired.
Residents who have a condition or disability preventing them from participating in snow clearing activities, and who have no other capable members residing in their home to assist, are eligible to apply for this service.
Download the Resident Information Package
Download and print the Resident Application Form or Apply Online
Download the Volunteer Information Package
Download and print the Volunteer Application Form or Apply Online