Fire (Burn) Permits
Please note for this year: Fire Permits expire March 1, 2024 (previously this was March 31).
Fire permits are required for any type of "open-air" burn year-round. Fire permits are no charge and can be issued online. There is no burning of brush piles in Lamont County between April 1 and October 31 as per Lamont County Policy #4135. Burning and permits is not allowed during December 22 through January 2 each year.
- Issuance of Fire Permits (#4121)
Some important things to remember about your fire permit:
- First, call the Lamont County Fire Advisory Line at 780-895-7674 listen for information on the current burning status.
- Read both the "Fire Permit Guidelines" and the "Fire Permit Checklist" documents PRIOR to beginning your burn.
- Ensure that you have fire insurance.
If you do not obtain a fire permit and the fire department responds to a report of a fire on your property, even if your burn is contained, you will be responsible for the costs associated with the dispatching of the fire units to your property.
Firefighting Cost Recovery
For information on the charges related to Fire Response Services, please review the Schedule of Fees
North Skaro Area
Please be advised Lamont County Emergency Services allows fire permits to be issued with the exception of the area that encompasses the North Skaro Area. Excluded locations are listed below:
- Township Road 582 from Hwy 831 to Range Road 185
- South on Range Road 185 to Township Road 572
- West on Township Road 572 to Hwy 831
There is an extreme fire hazard in this area that includes both jackpine forest and peat/muskeg land. As per Lamont County Fire Bylaw 715.11 Section 3.4 A) No permits shall be issued for muskeg/peat moss lands.