The Peace Officer is responsible for the enforcement and investigation of County Bylaws and Provincial Statutes for Lamont County. Their overall duty is to protect infrastructure and to preserve and maintain the public peace through education and enforcement when necessary.
Peace Officer Policies
- Peace Officer Code of Conduct – 4190
- Peace Officer Exhibit Handling – 4192
- Peace Officer OC Spray Policy – 4193
- Peace Officer Public Complaints and Disciplinary Policy and Procedures – 4194
- Peace Officer Records Management – 4200
- Peace Officer Reporting Requirements – 4195
- Peace Officer Use of Defensive Baton – 4201
- Peace Officer Use of a Shotgun – 4196
The following is a breakdown of the Peace Officer's duties:
- Ensuring public compliance with various County Bylaws through Education and Enforcement when necessary.
- Developing and implementing education on public awareness programs and maintaining positive public relations.
- Conducting highly visible mobile patrols of the County for the purpose of preventing and detecting violations of County Bylaws and selected Provincial Statutes.
- Animal Protection Act
- Dangerous Dogs Act
- Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act
- Highway Development and Protection Act
- Trespass to Premises Act
- Provincial Offences Procedure Act
- Traffic Safety Act
- Gaming and Liquor Act
Enforcement Related Activities
- Receiving complaints and inquires.
- Investigation of complaints.
- Advising responsible parties of infractions, and taking remedial actions and/or following enforcement procedures.
- Advising responsible parties of infractions and laying of charges if founded.
- Educating and/or prosecuting violators.
- Conducting patrols within Lamont County.
- Receive and document evidence relating to investigation.
- Preparing prosecutor information sheets and court briefs concerning a charge or ticket.
Transportation Routing and Vehicle Information System Multi-Jurisdictional (TRAVIS-MJ)
Road Use Agreements
Pre Inspection of Roads - $150
Post Inspection of Roads - $150
Drilling Rig Well Site Inspections
Equipment Moves - Out - $225
Service Rig & All Overweight Permits (Per day) - $150
Multiple Legal Loads - $225