VisitorsThe Lamont County Region offers a quality of life second to none and has something for everyone. Our County is a vibrant and vital community that offers visitors and new residents an unforgettable experience.
As the centre of a vast agriculture and oil and gas producing region we are prospering and growing. We’re proud of our community and welcome you to share it with us, either as an investor or a new citizen. We invite you to come and explore the opportunities that await you.
Lamont County has an area of 2,474 sq km (955 sq miles) and is home to three towns, two villages, and the hamlets of Star, Hilliard, St. Michael, and Wostock. The population is as follows*:
- Lamont County (rural and hamlets): 3,899
- Town of Bruderheim: 1,308
- Town of Lamont: 1,774
- Town of Mundare: 852
- Village of Andrew: 425
- Village of Chipman: 274
Lamont County is nestled in the Beaver Hills and is proud to boast attractions such as:
- Elk Island National Park
- Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village
- Babas and Borshch Ukrainian Festival
- Lamont County is known as the "Cradle of Ukrainian Settlement in Canada," as well as the “Church Capital of North America,” and has produced a booklet containing four different driving tours of over 40 historical churches
For more information about what to do in our region visit Go East of Edmonton Travel Guide.