Since 2005, Lamont County has awarded two $1000 scholarships to Lamont County residents in order to assist rural students in pursuing further education.
In order to be eligible, applicants must:
- be a resident of Lamont County;
- be graduating with a high school diploma and registered to begin their first year of studies at a recognized Alberta post-secondary institution; and
- be able to demonstrate commitment to the community and education.
Applications must be received no later than August 31 in each year and include:
- a completed application form;
- a cover letter from the applicant;
- official high school transcripts; and
- two letters of recommendation.
All applications will be reviewed by a committee comprised of the Reeve, or designate, one other County Councillor, the County Manager and the Executive Secretary.
To apply, download the application form and return it to the Lamont County Administration Building, or apply online using the form below.