Hamlet of Wostok
The settlement of Wostok is south of Highway 45, a short distance west of Andrew.
Wostok, Alberta Canada
TThe Wostok post office was established in 1899 followed by the establishment of a number of businesses. The name “Wostok” was borrowed from the Russian language meaning the direction “east”. Theodore Nemirsky was the first postmaster at Wostok and on July 1, 1899 the Post Office was officially opened. In 1897 a priest and Deacon visited the area from Seattle and conducted the first Russian Greek Orthodox Church service on Canadian soil.
This is an approximate location. Please contact the owner for exact directions.