This position has been filled.
This job has expired.
|Career Title:||Seasonal Grass Mower Operator|
|NAICS Code:||Public Administration (92)|
|Modified Date:||May 11, 2021|
|Description:||Lamont County is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of a Grass Mower Operator. The Grass Mower Operator will report directly to the Agricultural Fieldman. This is a seasonal position starting in June to October of 2021 (date may vary based on weather).
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
• Operating an all-wheel-drive tractor with a side arm and deck mower to mow grass.
• Conduct roadside brush and/or grass control within designated divisions.
• Conduct daily service and/or maintenance of equipment.
• Other duties as assigned.
Lamont County is committed to protecting the health and safety of its employees, all personnel are governed by the County’s Health & Safety Program.
This position is based on a 40 hour work week, Monday through Friday, 7:30 am to 4:00 pm. This position is weather dependent, overtime may be required from time to time.
Lamont County offers a competitive wage based on experience and qualifications. The deadline for this competition has been extended to May 21, 2021, at 4:00 p.m.
|Qualifications:||• A minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent.
• Class 5 Alberta Drivers’ License.
• Experience operating tractors and rotary mowers.
• Experience in lawn care and property maintenance.
• Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
• Possess good communication skills and be safety orientated.
• Provide their own reliable transportation to work.
• Mechanical knowledge and aptitude of equipment and machinery.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, stand or operate for extended periods of time.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• A satisfactory and valid Driver’s Abstract.
• A satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
|Education:||High School Diploma or GED|
|Job Expiry Date:||May 10, 2021|
|Postal code:||T0B 2R0|