|Career Title:||Seasonal Equipment Operators|
|NAICS Code:||Public Administration (92)|
|Modified Date:||May 25, 2021|
|Description:||Lamont County is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Seasonal Equipment Operator in the Public Works department. Equipment Operators will report directly to the Infrastructure Supervisor and perform operating duties related to road maintenance and construction for the 2021 season.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Safe and efficient operation of heavy and light equipment (excavator, loader, backhoe, gravel truck, and other equipment as required).
• Perform minor servicing and maintenance of equipment.
• Assist with flood control and repair.
• Perform manual labour as required.
• Compliance with the Lamont County health and safety program.
• Accurate recording and submission of weekly timesheets.
• Other maintenance related duties as assigned.
Regular hours of work are between 6:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m, Monday through Friday. The competition for this position will open until suitable candidates are found. Lamont County thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. All resumes are retained on file for a period of 6 months.
Please forward your application in one of the following ways:
Email: email@example.com | Website: www.lamontcounty.ca
|Qualifications:||• Extensive experience in the operation of heavy and light equipment.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Holds a Class 3 Alberta Driver’s license with Air Brake Endorsement (Q).
• Ability to lift approximately 50 lbs, sit for prolonged periods, climb in and out of equipment.
• Ability to work in all types of weather (rain, cold or hot) and dusty conditions.
• Willing to work 10 hour days, overtime may be required from time to time.
• Safety conscious and attentive to the working environment they are in.
• Excellent public relations and communication skills are required.
• Mechanical aptitude to perform routine inspection and servicing of unit.
• Ability to work independently and unsupervised.
Lamont County is committed to protecting the health and safety of its employees, all personnel are governed by the County’s Health & Safety Program. This position is identified as a safety-sensitive role and will require the following pre-screening requirements:
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• A satisfactory and valid 5-year Driver’s Abstract.
• A satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
|Education:||High School Diploma or GED|
|Job Expiry Date:||Jul 01, 2021|
|Postal code:||T0B 2R0|