|Career Title:||Seasonal Labourers|
|NAICS Code:||Public Administration (92)|
|Modified Date:||May 25, 2021|
|Description:||Lamont County is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Seasonal Labourer in the Public Works department. This position will report directly to the Infrastructure Supervisor and perform a variety of labour-intensive tasks for road maintenance and construction for the 2021 season.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manual tasks in all types in all operations (cleaning and steaming culvert ends, patching, pothole repairs, signage, guard rails, flagging, garbage and tree clean up, etc.)
• Operate a County vehicle and light equipment including small tractors, trailers, etc.
• Assist with flood control and repair.
• Assist with the maintenance of County buildings and landscaping (grass mowing, snow shovelling, etc).
• Compliance with the Lamont County health and safety program.
• Accurate recording and submission of weekly timesheets.
• Other labour related duties as assigned.
Regular hours of work are between 6:00 am – 2:30 p.m, Monday through Friday. The competition for this position will remain open until suitable candidates are found. Lamont County thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. All resumes are retained on file for a period of 6 months.
Please forward your application in one of the following ways:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Website: www.lamontcounty.ca
|Qualifications:||• Experience in labour work and light equipment operating.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Holds a Class 5 Alberta Driver’s license.
• Ability to lift approximately 50 lbs, sit for prolonged periods, climb in and out of equipment.
• Ability to work in all types of weather (rain, cold or hot) and dusty conditions.
• Willing to work 10 hour days, overtime may be required from time to time.
• Safety conscious and attentive to the working environment they are in.
• Excellent public relations and communication skills are required.
• Ability to work independently and unsupervised.
Lamont County is committed to protecting the health and safety of its employees, all personnel are governed by the County’s Health & Safety Program. This position is identified as a safety-sensitive role and will require the following pre-screening requirements:
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• A satisfactory and valid 5-year Driver’s Abstract.
• A satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
|Education:||High School Diploma or GED|
|Job Expiry Date:||Jul 01, 2021|
|Postal code:||T0B 2R0|