|Career Title:||Seasonal Truck Drivers|
|NAICS Code:||Public Administration (92)|
|Modified Date:||May 25, 2021|
|Description:||Lamont County has an opening for two experienced Truck Drivers on a seasonal basis with our Public Works Department. Reporting to the Infrastructure Supervisor, the successful candidate will perform duties directly related to road maintenance including the transportation and hauling of materials with a tandem truck and assisting in other road maintenance duties as required.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Safe and efficient operation of a tandem truck while hauling flatbed equipment and belly dump trailers. Hauling with truck attachments such as plows, sanders, water tanks.
• Safe and efficient operation of a loader while loading and unloading materials, aggregates, tools and equipment.
• Maneuver tandem truck into appropriate loading and unloading position, following signals from loading crew as needed.
• Perform daily routine inspection of unit.
• Compliance with the Lamont County health and safety program.
• Other maintenance related duties as assigned.
Regular hours of work are between 6:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. The competition for this position will remain open until suitable candidates are found.
|Qualifications:||• Three (3) or more years of truck driving and loader operating experience, municipal experience is an asset.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Minimum of a valid Class 1 Alberta Driver’s license.
• Ability to lift approximately 50 lbs, sit for prolonged periods, climb in and out of equipment.
• Ability to work in all types of weather (rain, cold or hot) and dusty conditions.
• Willing to work 10 hour days, overtime may be required from time to time.
• Safety conscious and attentive to the working environment they are in.
• Excellent public relations and communication skills are required.
• Mechanical aptitude to perform routine inspection and servicing of unit.
• Ability to work independently and unsupervised.
Lamont County is committed to protecting the health and safety of its employees, all personnel are governed by the County’s Health & Safety Program. This position is identified as a safety sensitive role and will require the following pre-screening requirements:
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• A satisfactory and valid 5-year Driver’s Abstract.
• A satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
|Education:||High School Diploma or GED|
|Job Expiry Date:||Jul 01, 2021|
|Postal code:||T0B 2R0|