This position has been filled.
This job has expired.
|Career Title:||Seasonal Shop Assistant|
|NAICS Code:||Public Administration (92)|
|Modified Date:||Apr 29, 2021|
|Description:||Lamont County is seeking a qualified and motivated individual for the position of Seasonal Shop Assistant in the Public Works department. This position will perform a variety of shop assistant duties and general labour tasks until September 30th, 2021 (with the possibility of extension).
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Delivery and pick up of parts for the Public Works Shop.
• Assist the Mechanics with ordering parts, calling vendors for price checks and stock supply.
• Offload parts, supplies, tools and material deliveries.
• Maintaining vehicle/equipment service records for the Public Works Shop.
• Perform physical counts of stockroom inventory.
• Assist with the maintenance of County buildings (snow shovelling, shop clean-up, etc.).
• Safely operate a County vehicle and light equipment including small tractors, trailers, etc.
• Labour tasks in all types of Public Works operations such as signage, flagging, garbage and tree clean up, etc.
• Compliance with the Lamont County health and safety program.
• Other labour and shop related duties as assigned.
Lamont County is committed to protecting the health and safety of its employees, all personnel are governed by the County’s Health & Safety Program. Regular hours of work are between 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. This job posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please forward your application in one of the following ways:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Website: www.lamontcounty.ca
Lamont County thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. All resumes are retained on file for a period of 6 months.
|Qualifications:||QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Good mechanical aptitude.
• Experience in labour work and light equipment operating.
• Previous experience in a shop environment is considered an asset.
• Forklift certification is considered an asset.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Possess a valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s license with a clean drivers’ abstract.
• Ability to safely lift approximately 50 lbs.
• Safety conscious and attentive to the working environment they are in.
• Excellent public relations and communication skills are required.
• Ability to work independently and unsupervised.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• A satisfactory and valid Driver’s Abstract.
• A satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
|Education:||High School Diploma or GED|
|Job Expiry Date:||Apr 29, 2021|
|Postal code:||T0B 2R0|