This job has expired.
|Career Title:||Ag. & Environ. Coordinator|
|NAICS Code:||Public Administration (92)|
|Modified Date:||Sep 08, 2020|
|Description:||Lamont County has an opening for an experienced Agriculture & Environmental Coordinator on a full-time permanent basis. Reporting to the Agricultural Fieldman, this position would lead the coordination of all environmental programs as endorsed by the Agricultural Service Board and Council.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Over-see and manage the environmental programs pertaining to land, water, soil, and alternative energy sources.
• Work in partnership with the North Saskatchewan Watershed Alliance, Vermillion River Watershed Alliance, and Cows & Fish program.
• Prepare educational newsletters, promotions, and pamphlets to raise awareness on environmental programs.
• Help educate the public on the legislation and responsibilities of the landowner.
• Research environmental conservation practices and trends in the agricultural industry.
• Assist the Agricultural Fieldman in the recruitment and training of seasonal staff.
• Act as an inspector under the Weed Control Act and Soil Conservation Act, adhering to its legislation.
• Conduct, coordinate, and monitor the identification, reporting, control, and record keeping of weed programs.
• Develop and update weed control procedures.
• Consult with landowners and make recommendations regarding chemicals to control weeds.
• Issuing enforcement notices to landowners.
• Assist the Agricultural Fieldman with grant applications and budget process.
• Overtime may be required during evenings and weekends.
Lamont County is committed to protecting the health and safety of its employees, all personnel are governed by the County’s Health & Safety Program. Lamont County offers a comprehensive benefits package, a pension with LAPP, and a competitive salary. This competition will remain open until September 18th, 2020.
Please forward your application in one of the following ways:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Website: www.lamontcounty.ca
Lamont County thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. All resumes are retained on file for a period of 6 months.
|Qualifications:||• An agricultural or environmental education from a recognized post-secondary institution is considered an asset.
• Experience working in the agricultural/environmental field is required.
• Knowledge of Weed Control Act, Agricultural Pests Act, and Soil Conservation Act.
• Pesticide Applicators license, or willing to obtain.
• Experience with GPS and GIS would be an asset.
• Excellent public relation skills, professional demeanour, and effective communicator.
• Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office applications.
• Effective leadership and training skills.
• Ability to work in a team efficiently, or independently.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• A satisfactory and valid class 5 Alberta Driver’s Abstract.
• A satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
|Education:||Agriculture/Environmental post-secondary education|
|Job Expiry Date:||Sep 18, 2020|
|Postal code:||T0B 2R0|