|Career Title:||Director of Public Works|
|NAICS Code:||Public Administration (92)|
|Modified Date:||Sep 02, 2020|
|Description:||Lamont County has an opening for an experienced Director of Public Works on a full-time permanent basis. Reporting to the CAO, the Director of Public Works is responsible for the overall management of Utilities, Infrastructure Operations, Public Works Shop, Public Works Administration, Inventory and Asset Management, and Safety.
Working with the CAO and Directors, this position will apply technical expertise and establish best practices in managing Public Works operations. This position will develop and execute departmental strategic plans, provide leadership and guidance, and be responsible for responding and solving complex operational issues.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure that programs, policies, bylaws, and council objectives pertaining to the Public Works department are observed and carried out as intended.
• Organize personnel and assign tasks effectively to achieve department goals.
• Ensure that all capital and maintenance projects are constructed and maintained in a manner following standard construction and engineering principles.
• Provides professional engineering expertise in the implementation of County projects and departmental operations.
• Oversee and implement asset management for Public Works through programs, systems, and ensuring sustainability through policy and directives.
• Responsible for the preparation of tenders or contracts in consultation with the CAO.
• Preparing, submitting, and monitoring the Public Works capital and operating budgets in consultation with the CAO and CFO.
• Responds to inquiries and complaints from the public regarding Public Works concerns in a professional and efficient manner.
• Oversee fleet maintenance, annual County road construction and bridge inspection programs, water and utility distribution systems, and drainage maintenance.
• Attend weekly director meetings, monthly Council meetings, and other scheduled meetings as required.
• May be required to respond to emergency situations.
Lamont County is committed to protecting the health and safety of its employees, all personnel are governed by the County’s Health & Safety Program. Lamont County offers a comprehensive benefits package, a pension with LAPP, and a competitive salary. This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate if found
Please forward your application in one of the following ways:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Website: www.lamontcounty.ca
Lamont County thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. All resumes are retained on file for a period of 6 months.
|Qualifications:||• Graduated from a recognized post-secondary institution with a degree in Civil Engineering and a P.Eng designation with valid membership is desired.
• Or holding a P.Lng designation with a combination of vast experience in a municipal public works environment is considered equivalent.
• A minimum of seven (7) years experience in a managerial role in a municipal public works environment.
• Experience directly working with the maintenance and implementation of road development, capital and operational budgeting, asset management, and infrastructure improvement plans.
• Demonstrated knowledge of related Municipal Legislation, Alberta Occupational Health & Safety Legislation, and Alberta Environmental regulations.
• Thorough knowledge of principles and practices in budget development, implementation, and administration.
• Demonstrating leadership in developing a team, including coaching and mentoring staff, providing direction and on-going feedback.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License.
• A satisfactory and valid Driver’s Abstract.
• A satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
|Education:||degree in Civil Engineering and a P.Eng designation|
|Job Expiry Date:||Oct 01, 2020|
|Postal code:||T0B 2R0|