This job has expired.
|Career Title:||Labourer (Seasonal)|
|NAICS Code:||Construction (23)|
|Modified Date:||Jul 09, 2020|
|Description:||Lamont County is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of a Seasonal Labourer the Public Works department. This position will report directly to the Infrastructure Supervisor and perform a variety of labour-intensive tasks for road maintenance and construction up until October 30th, 2020.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manual tasks in all types in all operations (cleaning and steaming culvert ends, patching, pothole repairs, signage, guard rails, flagging, garbage and tree clean up, etc.)
• Operate a County vehicle and light equipment including small tractors, trailers, etc.
• Assist with flood control and repair.
• Assist with the maintenance of County buildings and landscaping (grass mowing, snow shovelling, etc).
• Compliance with the Lamont County health and safety program.
• Accurate recording and submission of weekly timesheets.
• Other labour related duties as assigned.
Lamont County is committed to protecting the health and safety of its employees, all personnel are governed by the County’s Health & Safety Program. Regular hours of work are between 6:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. The salary range for this position is $21.75 - $26.52/hour. This job posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please forward your application in one of the following ways:
Email: email@example.com | Website: www.lamontcounty.ca
Lamont County thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. All resumes are retained on file for a period of 6 months.
|Qualifications:||• Experience in labour work and light equipment operating.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Holds a Class 3 Driver’s license with a clean drivers’ abstract.
• Ability to lift approximately 50 lbs, sit for prolonged periods, climb in and out of equipment.
• Ability to work in all types of weather (rain, cold or hot) and dusty conditions.
• Willing to work 10 hour days, overtime may be required from time to time.
• Safety conscious and attentive to the working environment they are in.
• Excellent public relations and communication skills are required.
• Ability to work independently and unsupervised.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• A satisfactory and valid Driver’s Abstract.
• A satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
|Salary:||$21.75 - $26.52/hour|
|Education:||High School Diploma or GED|
|Job Expiry Date:||Aug 08, 2020|
|Postal code:||T0B 2R0|