This job has expired.
|Career Title:||Health & Safety Advisor|
|NAICS Code:||Public Administration (92)|
|Modified Date:||Jun 17, 2020|
|Description:||Lamont County has an opening for an experienced and motivated Health and Safety Advisor on a full-time permanent basis. Reporting to the Director of Public Works, the successful candidate is required to develop, manage, maintain, and administer a Health and Safety Program that eliminates or reduces the effects of workplace injuries or illnesses, and increases safety awareness and compliance. This position provides leadership and support to managers and workers on health and safety matters while implementing a positive safety culture.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for developing, implementing, monitoring, and updating all components of the health and safety program to mitigate and prevent workplace hazards.
• Lead all workplace incident investigations, determine root cause and corrective actions where necessary.
• Ensure all departments are adhering to the health and safety program and Alberta OH&S legislation by completing regular job site inspections.
• Encourage and enhance a positive safety culture by sharing health and safety incidents, industry trends, best practices, new or emerging legislation with management and the health and safety committee.
• Advise management, workers, and the health and safety committee on health and safety-related matters as per Alberta OH&S legislation.
• Prepare monthly safety reports for Council, and the annual health and safety budget.
• Provide safety orientations to new employees, educate staff on the health and safety program during the on-boarding process.
• Maintain a safety filing system to ensure accuracy and compliance, including a training database to track employee safety training and certificates.
• Assist Human Resources with WCB injury reporting and return to work programs.
• Act as a Health & Safety program auditor, completing required annual audits, both internal and external.
• Maintain awareness of amendments to Alberta OH&S legislation and prepare recommendations to update programs and policies as required.
• Perform annual inspections of County buildings such as fire extinguishers, first aid kits. Coordinate annual evaluation drills and ensure emergency preparedness measures are in place and up to date.
Lamont County is committed to protecting the health and safety of its employees, all personnel are governed by the County’s Health & Safety Program. Lamont County offers a comprehensive benefits package, a pension with LAPP, and a competitive salary. This competition will remain open until July 10th, 2020.
Please forward your application in one of the following ways:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Website: www.lamontcounty.ca
Lamont County thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. All resumes are retained on file for a period of 6 months.
|Qualifications:||• Three to five years experience in an Occupational Health and Safety role, preferably in a municipal environment.
• Post-secondary diploma or degree in Occupational Health and Safety.
• Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) or demonstrated progress towards their certification is an asset.
• AMSHA Safety Basics, WHMIS, TDG and First Aid certification.
• AMSHA Peer Auditor certification.
• Extensive knowledge of OH&S Code, Act, and Regulations, WCB legislation, and ASHMA auditing requirements.
• Demonstrates a high level of leadership and collaboration between others.
• Genuinely passionate about safety, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Intermediate level skillset in general MS Office Suite applications.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to adapt and work within constraints.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Valid class 5 Alberta Driver’s License.
• A satisfactory and valid Driver’s Abstract.
• A satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
|Education:||Post-secondary OHS Degree/Diploma|
|Job Expiry Date:||Jul 10, 2020|
|Postal code:||T0B 2R0|