This job has expired.
|Career Title:||Agricultural Operator|
|NAICS Code:||Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing & Hunting (11)|
|Modified Date:||Feb 26, 2020|
|Description:||Lamont County is seeking an energetic and highly motivated individual to join our team as the Agricultural Operator. This position will report to the Agricultural Fieldman and assist in the operations and delivery of the Vegetation and Beaver Control programs by:
• Supervision and coordination of the seasonal grass and brush mowers.
• Coordinate vegetation control including rights-of-way, gravel pits, borrow pits, drainage ditches and municipal reserves.
• Conduct roadside brushing utilizing a self-propelled mulcher as within designated divisions as directed.
• Able to fill in and conduct grass mowing if necessary.
• Monitor, maintain, and service equipment to meet operating standards.
• Load, transport and unload maintenance equipment.
• Providing formal training to seasonal staff as required (i.e. mowing, brushing, mulching).
• Coordinating with the Agricultural Fieldman and seasonal beaver trapper with beaver control and dam removal.
• Manage inventory for beaver traps and blasting supplies.
• Transport and discharge fireman only for the purpose of beaver control.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Lamont County is committed to protecting the health and safety of its employees, all personnel are governed by the County’s Health & Safety Program.
This position is based on a 40-hour workweek, Monday through Friday. Lamont County offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package and participation in the Local Authorities Pension Plan. This competition will remain open until March 11th, 2020 at 4:00 pm.
Please forward your application in one of the following ways:
Email: email@example.com | Website: www.lamontcounty.ca
Lamont County thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. All resumes are retained on file for a period of 6 months.
|Qualifications:||QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• A minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent.
• Class 5 Alberta Drivers’ License.
• Valid Firearms License.
• Valid Non-Mining Blasting Permit.
• Experience operating agricultural tractors is required, other heavy equipment is an asset.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise and provide leadership to staff.
• Mechanical knowledge and aptitude of equipment and machinery.
• Familiarity with word processing and spreadsheet software would be an asset.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, stand or operate for extended periods of time.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• A satisfactory and valid Driver’s Abstract.
• A satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
|Education:||Grade 12 or equivalent|
|Job Expiry Date:||Mar 11, 2020|
|Postal code:||T0B 2R0|