This job has expired.
|Career Title:||Truck Driver|
|NAICS Code:||Transportation and Warehousing (48-49)|
|Modified Date:||Oct 21, 2019|
|Description:||Lamont County has an opening for an experienced Truck Driver on a full-time permanent basis with our Public Works Department. Reporting to the Road Maintenance Supervisor, the successful candidate will perform duties directly related to road maintenance including the transportation and hauling of materials with a tandem truck and assisting in other road maintenance duties as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Safe and efficient operation of a tandem truck while hauling flatbed equipment and belly dump trailers. Hauling with truck attachments such as plows, sanders, water tanks.
• Safe and efficient operation of a loader while loading and unloading materials, aggregates, tools and equipment.
• Maneuver tandem truck into appropriate loading and unloading position, following signals from loading crew as needed.
• Perform daily routine inspection of unit.
• Compliance with the Lamont County health and safety program.
• Other maintenance related duties as assigned.
Lamont County is committed to protecting the health and safety of its employees, all personnel are governed by the County’s Health & Safety Program. A commercial driver’s abstract is requested as a pre-condition upon employment. Applicants may be road tested to demonstrate driving skills such as unhooking and hooking up to a trailer.
The regular hours of work are between 6:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Lamont County offers a comprehensive benefit package and pension program. The salary range is $28.13 - $34.30/hour. This competition will remain open until November 4th, 2019 at 4:00 pm.
Please forward your application in one of the following ways:
Email: email@example.com | Website: www.lamontcounty.ca
Lamont County thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. All resumes are retained on file for a period of 6 months.
|Qualifications:||• Three (3) or more years of truck driving and loader operating experience, municipal experience is an asset.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Minimum of a valid Class 1 Driver’s license with a clean drivers’ abstract.
• Ability to lift approximately 50 lbs, sit for prolonged periods, climb in and out of equipment.
• Ability to work in all types of weather (rain, cold or hot) and dusty conditions.
• Willing to work 10 hour days, overtime may be required from time to time.
• Safety conscious and attentive to the working environment they are in.
• Excellent public relations and communication skills are required.
• Mechanical aptitude to perform routine inspection and servicing of unit.
• Ability to work independently and unsupervised.
|Salary:||$28.13 - $34.30/hour|
|Education:||High School Diploma or GED|
|Job Expiry Date:||Nov 04, 2019|
|Postal code:||T0B 2R0|