Public Hearing Notice
Posted on Tuesday July 13, 2021 at 03:00PM
Notice of Public Hearing for Bylaw No. 833.21 to Amend Land Use Bylaw No. 675/07.
TAKE NOTICE that pursuant to the Municipal Government Act, S.A., 2000, as amended, the Council of Lamont County proposes to amend the Lamont County Land Use Bylaw to allow Natural Resource Extraction for small-sized pits under 5 hectares, commonly called Class II Pits.
The proposed amendments are textual and would change the Lamont County Land Use Bylaw by clarifying and defining activities or actions related to natural resource extraction for those pits under 5 ha or 12.36 acres (Class II). The proposed amendments will rescind Sections 6.2.1 to 6.2.15, inclusive, and replace it with a new Section 6.2.
Highlights of the proposed changes are:
• Reclamation Securities will be required – cash/ irrevocable letter of credit.
• Must comply with the regulations of the Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act, Water Act, Wildlife Act etc.
• Reclamation of the lands to a standard appropriate to accommodate uses listed in the district.
A Public Hearing to provide an opportunity for members of the public to speak to Council on the proposed bylaw will be held:
Date: Tuesday August 10, 2021
Time: 9 a.m.
Place: Council Chambers, Lamont County Office; 5303 50 Avenue, Lamont, Alberta
Written submissions are highly encouraged and may be provided to Council during the Public Hearing; however, it is requested that a copy of the written submission be delivered to the County Office, attention to the CAO, by 4 p.m. on Monday, August 9, 2021, to ensure that each member of Council has a copy of the written submission before the Public Hearing.
Speaking at the Public Hearing: Members of the public who wish to address Council are encouraged to register in advance to ensure you will be heard. Those who do not register to speak will be heard when time permits during the meeting or at the end of the meeting. Presentation Time: Each presenter will be allotted 10 minutes to speak. The names of those providing comments will become part of the public record.
The deadline to register is 4 p.m, August 9, 2021.
Copies of the proposed Bylaw can be viewed or obtained at the County Office in Lamont from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, or viewed and/or downloaded here.
Contact numbers for more information: 780-895-2233 or 1-877-895-2233.
Author: Lamont County
Comment on our article:
Posts By Date
- A.S.B. (60)
- A.S.B., Community (9)
- A.S.B., Economic Development (1)
- A.S.B., Enforcement Services (2)
- A.S.B., Fcss (2)
- A.S.B., Notices (13)
- Announcement (28)
- Asb (2)
- Calc (7)
- Communications (28)
- Communications, Local News (4)
- Community (14)
- Community, Economic Development (7)
- Community, Employment (1)
- Community, Engagement (2)
- Community, Events (2)
- Community, Family Programming (1)
- Community, Fcss (2)
- Economic Development (11)
- Emergency Services (21)
- Emergency Services, Notices (13)
- Enforcement Services, Notices (1)
- Fcss (14)
- Finance (1)
- Finance, Notices (8)
- For Sale (3)
- For Sale, Public Works (1)
- Human Resources (1)
- Local News (7)
- News Release (1)
- Notice (9)
- Notice, Roads (3)
- Notices (77)
- Notices, Community (9)
- Notices, Covid 19 (1)
- Notices, Emergency Services (7)
- Notices, News Release (2)
- Notices, Planning Development (14)
- Notices, Planning Development (5)
- Notices, Planning Development (64)
- Notices, Public Hearing, Roads (1)
- Notices, Public Works, Roads (21)
- Notices, Sdab (2)
- Notices, Utilities (6)
- Planning Development (7)
- Press Releases (7)
- Public Works (19)
- Public Works, Communications (1)
- Public Works, Roads (7)
- Public Works, Roads, Notices (13)
- Public Works, Roads, Notices, emergency services (1)
- Public Works, Tender (1)
- Roads (1)