Board & Committee Openings Available!
Posted on Thursday September 17, 2020 at 03:36PM
Lamont County currently has openings available on three boards/committees:
- Agriculture Appeal Committee (2)
- Family & Community Support Services (3)
- Intermunicipal Subdivision & Development Appeal Board (12)
Lamont County Administration Building
5303 – 50 Avenue, Lamont, Alberta, T0B 2R0
Applications will be accepted until October 16, 2020.
Intermunicipal Subdivision & Development Appeal Board (ISDAB)
The Intermunicipal Subdivision and Development Appeal Board shall hear all subdivision and development appeals, as set out in Part 17, Division 10 of the Municipal Government Act, in accordance with the MGA and Bylaw 801.19.
Lamont County is seeking interested individuals for twelve (12) member-at-large positions on the Intermunicipal Subdivision and Development Appeal Board. The Appointments are for a four-year term, with meetings held on an as-needed basis.
The County will make all reasonable efforts to attract and appoint candidates who reside in each of the member municipalities (Lamont County, Town of Lamont, Town of Bruderheim, Town of Mundare, Village of Andrew, and Village of Chipman).
Applicants should be Canadian citizens and 18 years of age or over. Knowledge and/or experience with rural and/or industrial development issues would be an advantage.
Applicants will be deemed ineligible, if they are:
- A Councillor for a member municipality.
- An employee of a municipality who carries out subdivision and development powers, duties, and functions on behalf of the municipality.
- A member of a municipality’s municipal or intermunicipal planning commission.
Agricultural Appeal Committee
Lamont County is currently seeking interested individuals for three (3) members-at-large for the Agricultural Appeal Committee. Applicants should hold a keen interest in sustainable agriculture within Lamont County; this includes concerns for the interest of property owners, producers and other parties affected by weeds and pests listed on the Weed Control Act and the Agricultural Pests Act.
Preference will be given to applicants with knowledge in one of the following areas:
- Community representation or knowledge of community standards.
- Plants designated under the Weed Control Act and declared pests under the Agricultural Pests Act.
- An understanding of quasi-judicial function and role of members of a tribunal, and/or principles of administrative law and natural justice.
- Ability to organize, read, understand and apply the Weed Control Act, Agricultural Pest Act and the Municipal Government Act.
Lamont County is seeking interested individuals for two (2) members-at-large for the FCSS (Family and Community Support Services) Board. This is a volunteer position. Members of the FCSS board meet bi-monthly.
Family and Community Support Services is a partnership between Lamont County and the Government of Alberta. FCSS provides locally driven, preventative social programs and initiatives to enhance the well-being of individuals, families and the community.
- Are committed to meet on a bi-monthly basis.
- Serve as a member of the body, contribute and review activities, projects and plans.
- Provide input, advice and guidance and act as a sounding board on potential issues.
- Raise the profile of the Boards externally, liaise and build relationships with those affected.
- Practical and pragmatic mindset and a strong interest in serving the public sector.
- Team player with good communication skills, able to work effectively with a broadly based peer group and represent the board externally.
- Must be a resident of Lamont County
Author: Lamont County
Comment on our article:
Posts By Date
- Register Now for Seniors Bon Appetit Bingo!
- Disaster Recovery Program Applications Deadline December 23!
- Register Now for Clubroot 101!
- Strychnine Sales End March 2021
- UPDATED - Lamont County Under COVID-19 Watch
- Organizational Meeting Highlights
- Road Closure Update
- New Report Provides In-Depth Review of Air Quality in Chipman
- 2020 Tax Recovery Sale
- A.S.B. (59)
- A.S.B., Community (8)
- A.S.B., Economic Development (1)
- A.S.B., Enforcement Services (2)
- A.S.B., Fcss (2)
- A.S.B., Notices (9)
- Announcement (28)
- Asb (2)
- Calc (7)
- Communications (28)
- Communications, Local News (3)
- Community (11)
- Community, Economic Development (7)
- Community, Employment (1)
- Community, Events (2)
- Community, Family Programming (1)
- Community, Fcss (1)
- Economic Development (11)
- Emergency Services (20)
- Emergency Services, Notices (6)
- Enforcement Services, Notices (1)
- Fcss (14)
- Finance (1)
- Finance, Notices (6)
- For Sale (3)
- For Sale, Public Works (1)
- Human Resources (1)
- Local News (7)
- News Release (1)
- Notice (2)
- Notice, Roads (1)
- Notices (73)
- Notices, Community (7)
- Notices, Emergency Services (6)
- Notices, News Release (2)
- Notices, Planning Development (14)
- Notices, Planning Development (5)
- Notices, Planning Development (58)
- Notices, Public Hearing, Roads (1)
- Notices, Public Works, Roads (20)
- Notices, Sdab (2)
- Notices, Utilities (4)
- Planning Development (7)
- Press Releases (7)
- Public Works (18)
- Public Works, Communications (1)
- Public Works, Roads (7)
- Public Works, Roads, Notices (10)
- Public Works, Roads, Notices, emergency services (1)
- Public Works, Tender (1)
- Roads (1)