Electrical PowerAtco Electric and Fortis Alberta serve the County’s rural areas for electricity distribution.
- Atco Electric Call Centre: 1-800-668-2248
- Fortis Alberta Customer Enquiries: 1-855-333-9473
Natural GasAtco Gas serves a small section of Lamont County. Their toll free number for enquiries is 310-5678.
Lamco Gas Co-op Ltd. serves other rural areas in the County. Lamco Gas office is located off Highway 15, just outside the Town of Lamont – 24 hr. number is 780-895-2244.
Utilities Consumer AdvocateVisit the Utilities Consumer Advocate website to compare electricity and gas prices in your area, view historical rates, or get help resolving energy utility related issues.
http://ucahelps.alberta.ca (Utilities Consumer Advocate website)
TelephoneThe County is served by Telus. For home service call 780-310-7353, for business service call 780-310-3100.
Telephone Calling: Several anomalies exist in the County’s telephone infrastructure. Calls from the Lamont area to Fort Saskatchewan, City of Edmonton and surrounding areas are toll free. Calls from the Town of Bruderheim to these locations are also toll free. However, long distance rates apply for calls between the Lamont and Bruderheim exchanges. Mundare is long distance from Lamont; Andrew, Chipman and St. Michael are local.
Water SupplyThe John S. Batiuk Regional Water Commission owns and operates a potable water line running from Fort Saskatchewan through to Vegreville, adjacent to Highway 15. Each Town and Village in Lamont County hooks into this transmission line, then owns and operates their respective distribution system within their boundaries.
Lamont County owns and operates a distribution line that runs into the Industrial Heartland servicing Cenovus and JFSL. Lamont County also operates the distribution system in the Hamlet of St. Michael.
Potable truck fill stations are located in the Hamlet of Hilliard and at the Heartland Reservoir on Hwy 15. In addition, Lamont County operates one non-potable water fill station located a 1/2 mile south of TWP 580 on RR 184.
Residents can register for an account online at https://lamont.azurewebsites.net/.
- Industrial Water – Metered - $2.15/m3 (existing services) $2.25/m3 plus line fee (new services)
- Andrew – Metered Water - $2.00/m3
- Industrial Monthly Line Fee - $375.00/month
- Commercial – Metered - $2.15/m3
- St. Michael Residences/Home Business–Non-metered - $150.00/quarter
- St. Michael Community Hall/Hotel–Non-metered - $275.00/quarter
- Lamont County Public Works Shops– Non-metered - $250.00/quarter
- Reconnection Fee - $50.00
- Hilliard Truck Fill - $3.75/m3
- Heartland Truck Fill - $3.75/m3
- St. Michael Truck Fill Key Account Set Up Fee *(Refundable Water Key Deposit) - $50.00
- St. Michael Truck Fill - $2.50/m3
- Coin Operated Bucket Fill $10.00/m3
- Coin Operated Truck Fill $4.34/m3
- Replacement Water Keys - $40.00 each