Health CareThe following services are provided in Lamont County:
Lamont Health Care Centre
- The Archer Wing (Acute Care): 14 Beds
- Community Care: 2 Respite, 2 Palliative
- Continuing Care (Long Term): 101 Beds
- Morley Young Manor (Assisted Living): 28 Units
Tel: (780) 895-2211, Fax: (780) 895-7305
Mary Immaculate Health Care Centre, Mundare
- Long Term Care: 28 Beds
- Palliative: 2 Bed
- Respite: 2 Beds
Tel: (780) 764-3730, Fax: (780) 764-3039
Senior Citizens’ FacilitiesThe Lamont County Housing Foundation operates eight Seniors Independent Housing apartments (total 66 units), three Lodges, (total of 117 suites), and two single-family homes. The Foundation also provides limited direct rent supplements on a short-term basis to single families and adults who are experiencing financial hardship.
Accomodation rates vary from $1202 - $1500 per month at the various Lodges. By legislation, Lodge residents are allowed to keep a maximum of $315 per month from their pension. Proof of income must be provided at all times. Residents of Independent Housing are charged at the rate of 30% of income. Proof of monthly income is required. A maximum rent ceiling is set by the Board yearly. The current rent ceiling in Independent Housing units is $600 per month.
Services offered include:
- 24 hour friendly and supportive staff
- Delicious, nutritious, homemade meals (breakfast, lunch, supper and snacks)
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Daily recreation activities
- Comfortable, safe and secure environment
- Cable TV
- Internet services (limited to certain sites)
- Safety and Security
- Personal emergency pendants for Lodge residents
- CCTV monitoring (Lamont only)
- Fire evacuation and emergency response
- Health services offered through AHS Community & Home Care - Medication Assistance
- Personal care and support
- Lodge Manager (Lamont, Bruderheim) Dave Gray @ 780-895-2573, or email email@example.com
- Lodge Manager (Andrew, Mundare & Chipman) Al Lenkewich @ 780-764-3013 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andrew Seniors’ Lodge, Andrew: 24 Lodge Units
- Garden Court Manor, Andrew: 4 Self-Contained Units
- Heritage Manor, Andrew: 8 Self-Contained Units
Tel: (780) 365-3737, Fax: (780) 365-2273
Lamont, Chipman, Bruderheim
- Beaverhill Pioneer Lodge, Lamont: 55 Suites
- Heritage Court, Lamont: 12 Self Contained Units
- Villa 75, Lamont 8 Self Contained Units
- Elk Park Apartments, Chipman: 4 Self Contained Units
- Spring Creek Manor, Bruderheim: 16 Self Contained Units
Tel: (780) 895-2573
- Father Filas Manor, Mundare: 38 Lodge Units
- Dr. Strilchuk Villa, Mundare: 6 Self Contained Units
- Father Kryzanowsky Villa, Mundare: 8 Self Contained Units
Tel: (780) 365-3737, Fax: (780) 365-2273
Alberta Heartland Primary Care NetworkThe Alberta Heartland Primary Care Network (PCN), has served Fort Saskatchewan, Gibbons, Lamont, Redwater, and the surrounding area since July 1, 2009.
A group of 30 physicians in 16 clinics work with a multi-disciplinary team of health professionals to provide care for patients and to coordinate primary health care services. The team includes registered nurses, a dietitian, an exercise specialist, a pharmacist, registered psychologists, an occupation therapist, specialist referral coordinators, and administrative staff.
Your physician and the health care team work together to coordinate your care, improve access to the health system and support positive changes toward a healthier lifestyle. In addition to addressing your health concerns, we will provide you with health counselling, education and when required, referral to alternate services.
The Fort Saskatchewan office serves as home base for the PCN team where we offer educational classes, individual assessment and counselling. A community Hub opened in Lamont in September, 2013. Outreach services and classes are offered throughout our service area.
For more information, visit the PCN website: http://www.albertaheartlandpcn.com/
Need Further Assistance?For further information about AHS, please call the Alberta Health Services (Toll free) at 1-888-342-2471.
If you need to talk to a nurse, call Health Link at 8-1-1.
In an emergency, dial 9-1-1
Alberta Health Services Official Website: http://www.albertahealthservices.ca/