COVID-19 Social Support Needs Survey
Programming & Services During COVID-19 PandemicIn-person Community Services Programming has been cancelled until further notice; upcoming seasonal programs will be evaluated, and staff will make decisions on possible cancellations as they arise.
Social Services Support for COVID-19 Funding AvailableThe Alberta Government is providing $30 million to municipalities, charitable and non-profit organizations to provide help to individuals, seniors, families and other vulnerable Albertans who are isolated or impacted by measures to contain COVID- 19. FCSS Lamont County Region has received a portion of this new funding. Charitable and non-profit organizations are encouraged to connect directly with FCSS Lamont County Region to receive detailed funding guidelines and grant criteria, and can download the forms below:
- Social Services Support for COVID-19 Funding Criteria
- Social Services Support for COVID-19 Funding Request Form
FCSS Tax Assistance ProgramThe Tax Assistance Program is still accepting client Income Tax forms through the drop box at the Lamont County Administration Building. Clients requiring assistance completing their taxes should download and fill out the attached forms, and deposit in the drop box.
Family Day Home programAlberta Approved Family Day Homes are currently exempt from provincial closures; however, childcare providers can close their doors if they choose. There is currently space available in Bruderheim.
- LIVE educational and entertaining programming - Join Melissa as she reads stories, does arts and crafts, science experiments and more, every day at 10:30 a.m. on the FCSS Lamont County Region Facebook Page!
- Community Kids Connection - Keep kids connected by showing off all they've been doing to stay connected! We want to showcase all the ways you're connecting! To participate follow and post on the Family Resource Network Lamont County Region Facebook Page. Weekly prizes will be given for video and photo submissions of:
- Art, poetry, music
- Acts of kindness and support
- silly dance videos
- anything kind, inspiring and connected
COVID-19 Lamont County Region Community SupportsThe following list can be viewed, downloaded and/or printed to help residents find specific community resources available during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Lamont County Region Community Supports
- Activity Resource Booklet - Created March 2020 in response to the need to socially distance and self-isolate. This resource is intended to be a “Grab and Go” link to several printable resources that you can use.
- Online AA Meeting Resources - PDF includes links to online meeting directories, speaker tape websites and speaker tape apps for Apple and Android.
- BDC Support for Entrepreneurs - BDC is here to help and we want to work with our partners to provide the required support. We know that the current situation is putting pressure on all business owners, so this page outlines what we are doing to help entrepreneurs get through this.
- Ever Active Schools - Ever Active Schools is a provincial initiative designed to create and support healthy school communities. Through collaborative partnerships, projects-based work, knowledge exchange and competency-based learning opportunities, Ever Active Schools spearheads meaningful collaboration between the health, education, recreation and active living sectors.
- My Health Alberta - Coping With Grief
- Reducing children's fears in the face of COVID-19 (video)
- Parenting During a Time of Uncertainty - PDF speaks to parents about helping their children cope during and after single event traumas.
- Resources for Small Businesses Affected by COVID-19 - As a small business owner, you may be facing immediate challenges or be worrying about the weeks to come in light of the actions taken by our Government to further prevent the spread of COVID-19. Business Link has gathered current information and resources available to you as you work through the implications this has on you and your business.
- Be Fit For Life - To Parents wanting ACTIVE ideas for their home-bound children and even for those working from home, check out the many ideas that are just a click away from ‘Be Fit For Life’.
Community Services ContactsFor questions regarding Community Services programming during the COVID-19 pandemic, please contact the following by phone or email:
- Darlene Onushko, Program Assistant - Phone: 780-895-2233 (Toll Free 1-877-895-2233) ext. 226, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sara Rindero, FCSS Director - 780-895-2233 (Toll Free 1-877-895-2233) ext. 217, Email: email@example.com
- Cheryl Best, Program Coordinator - Phone: 780-895-2233 (Toll Free 1-877-895-2233) ext. 233, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Debbie Holland, CALC Director - Phone 780-895-2233 (Toll Free 1-877-895-2233) ext. 224, Email: email@example.com