Hamlet of Star

Today Star consists of a few residents but anyone who lived in Star for any length of time will remember it with fondness.

Address:
Star, Alberta Canada
In 1892 John Duncan Campbell settled on the Victoria Trail near Beaver Creek. Across the trail, Ed Knowlton built a store and a post office and named it Edna for his daughter. In 1900, the post office was moved to the Campbell house and renamed Star. In 1905, the hamlet was moved building by building to what is now Lamont.

In 1928 the Canadian Pacific Railway was built 1.5 km north of the original Star. The post office was moved there in 1929, and the new hamlet became Star. The community was a major centre for grain transport, supported three stores and a car dealership. Today Star consists of a few residents but anyone who lived in Star for any length of time will remember it with fondness.

This is an approximate location. Please contact the owner for exact directions.

Last modified on January 12, 2018  by Lamont County

Category: Hamlet