Bruderheim Natural Area Closed to ATVs
Posted on Wednesday May 16, 2018 at 01:26PM
Due to dry conditions and the extreme vulnerability to wildfire in this area, the Government of Alberta has closed the Bruderheim Natural Area to all ATV traffic.
This closure is being enforced, and anyone attempting to ignore the closure could be charged.
An Environmental Hotline has been put in place by the Ministry of Environment for residents to report any all-terrain vehicles or other fire hazard concerns in this area. Environment and Parks, along with the Justice Department, will investigate all concerns and issue fines and/or penalties for ignoring warnings in fire hazard areas.
If you see any ATV activity or other fire hazard in a restricted area, please call 1-800-222-6514. For immediate fire concerns, call 9-1-1.
Thank you for your help in protecting against wildfires!
Author: Lamont County
Comment on our article:
- Ukrainian Heritage Plaque Unveiling
- Have Your Say! Health Canada Proposal to Cancel Strychnine
- Lamont County Reeve's Golf Tournament!
- Development Permit Issued - Discretionary Use
- Register Now for the Lamont County Weed School!
- Lamont County Centennial Scholarship Program
- Road Ban Update
- Development Permits Issued - Discretionary Use
- Fire Ban Downgraded to Fire Advisory