Public Hearing Notice - Bylaw 772.17 Road Closure
Posted on Wednesday April 12, 2017 at 02:11PM
Please be advised that at the April 11, 2017, Council meeting, first reading was provided of a bylaw to close RR 201 for approximately 1600.968 m north of Highway 15, ending between NW36-55-20-W4 & NE35-55-20-W4, in order to create a transportation corridor.
Lamont County is in discussion with several parties regarding industrial development that would bring significant jobs and tax revenue to the County, and the proposed bylaw will help make this area more attractive to potential business.
A public hearing will be held May 9, 2017, at approximately 9:30 a.m., in the County Administration Building Council Chambers, in order to obtain input from the public. If you would like to comment on the bylaw, you are welcome to attend and speak at this time.
For your convenience you can download the proposed bylaw, as well as a map of the affected area.
Author: Lamont County
Comment on our article:
- 2017 ASB Farmstead Beautification Winners
- Crushed Gravel for Sale to County Residents
- Development Permit Issued Discretionary Use
- Lamont County Open Farm Days Canceled
- Election Workers Needed
- Lamont County Purchases Land for Rail Development
- Development Permits Issued Discretionary Use
- Road Ban Update
- Lamont County Open Farm Days