2017 Municipal ElectionGet involved! Make a difference! Vote!
Lamont County will be holding a Municipal Election on Monday, October 16, 2017.
Residents will elect five division Councillors to form Council. A Reeve is appointed annually by the elected Council.
This is your opportunity to get involved and vote!
Information for CandidatesThinking of Running for Council?
The office of municipal councillor is a busy and challenging one, but also very rewarding. If you are interested in running for office in the 2017 municipal election, we encourage you to become familiar with the following information:
Municipal Government Act
Local Authorities Election Act
Alberta Municipal Affairs Municipal Election FAQ
EligibilityTo be eligible to run in the 2017 Municipal Election, the following criteria must be met:
- You must be at least 18 years old and a Canadian citizen on Nomination Day;
- You must have lived in Alberta at least 6 months prior to Election Day;
- You must have been a resident of the division in which you plan to run at least 6 months prior to Nomination Day and on Election Day;
- You are not ineligible to run as outlined in Sections 21-23 of the Local Authorities Election Act.
Candidate Packages and Forms2017 Municipal Election Candidate Information Package
Running for Municipal Office - A Nomination Guide
Form 3 - Nomination Paper and Candidate's Acceptance
Form 1 - Oath of Returning Officer and Official Agent
Form 10 - Statement of a Scrutineer
Helpful Links and DownloadsMunicipal Affairs: Municipal Elections Resources
Pecuniary Interest for Municipal Councillors (PDF)
Roles and Responsibilities of Officials in a Local Government
Ready For Her - A Guide to Women Running in Municipal Politics
EligibilityElections for municipal (County) Councillors will be held on Monday, October 16, 2017. To be eligible to vote, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be at least 18 years old, a Canadian citizen, and a resident of the division in which you are voting on Election Day.
- You must have lived in Alberta at least 6 months prior to Election Day.
- You must produce valid identification to prove your identity and place of residence.
Voting StationsVoting stations will be open at the following locations:
• Mundare Recreation Center - 5115 50 Ave, Mundare
• Moscow Hall - NE 33-51-16-W4
• Chipman Drop-In Center - Chipman
• Ukrainian Village (Red Barn) - Highway 16E, Tofield
• St. Michael Senior Center - St. Michael
• Delph Hall - NW 7-58-18-W4
• Andrew Village Office – 5021 50 St, Andrew
• Lamont Hall - 4844 49 St., Lamont
• Bruderheim Memorial Community Center - 5014 49 (Queen) St., Bruderheim
• Skaro Hall - Skaro